big al's online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long does it usually take these people to ship things? I ordered a 65watt PC light about 3 days ago and it just not got the the "billing information received" phase. I suppose I'm used to Dell and all my tech sites being right on top of their shipping, sometimes getting the package to UPS same day. Looks like I'm going to have to wait till tuesday or wednesday for my light. *sulks bitterly cursing UPS drivers for not working weekends.*

I quit using big al's due to this very problem. Great prices, slower than snail on shipping.

I've never had problems with slow shipping except when it's my own fault. example: Purchasing my light fixture the day beore Memorial Day weekend. So of course it was delayed, but that's not their fault. Remember, it's labor day weekend. :D UPS is not accepting or delivering on Monday.

Hey, not complaining about UPS. I understand all that. I'm just saying Big Al took his sweet time delivering the package to the local UPS store, but this light is at least $10 less than what I found anywhere else. So i suppose it's worth it.

ive never ordered from big als.. it seems shady to me. i always order from Petsolutions.

Yeah, I just heard from everyone that they were reputable and inexpensive; so I thought I'd give them a try.

I did have a small problem with Bigals when I needed to amend an order I made. I just wanted to add something that I forgot and they refused to combine them. :( Guess they wanted the additional shipping fee.

I had to do that too JC. I forgot to order the light bulbs for the light strip but they gladly altered the order for me and took money off for shipping since it was delayed. I guess it just depends on what kind of mood they are in. That woman who answers the phone was very nice and polite to us. It's the only place that we'll ever order equipment from. It may take a few more days, but it saves you tons of money in the long run. Order on Wednesdays, double points. :D

I am in the same boat as you. I order on Monday didn't ship for a few days now I have to wait until Tuesday for my prime and my macro ferts. :cry:

I maw try Drs. Fosters and Smith the next time.

Yeah, the adding of items / change the order they could really allow :(
I had no issues so far with them besides that one item arrived damaged.
They sent the return address label (could e-mail that, would be nice) and I had the option of replace or refund. Now to accellerate the process I immediately ordered the same item again (and paid it again) but that was fine with me.
And don't forget, on Wednesday till Thursday at noon you receive double VIP points :)
And no, I'm not affiliated with them, eh :)

In the beginning I always had good luck with bigals, but the last 3 orders took them over a week to ship. I always order on weds to get double points but it never seems to ship until the following thurs or fri.

So strange, I use Big Al's all the time and it never takes more than 24 hours for them to ship out. And I've used them A LOT. :) I tried to add something to my order once and couldn't, but it was b/c they had already packed it up so fast. I always order on Wednesday (double points) and it's on my doorstep Monday or Tuesday... less than a week from hitting submit till I have it.

Well now I'm confused. UPS shipping status just informed me that it has "received billing information" today...just yesturday it said it was in Indianapolis...Did the thing get broken or something so they had to reship it? Stupid thing...

I've bought stuff from them several times. And, yes, they are slow.

I have bought from Bigals lot of times.. Shipping is little slower... but very good price and also free shipping when u pay thru ur Bank a/c

Back
Top Bottom