Big Angelfish in with Tiger BArbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GIES2525

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have had my Angelsfish in my tank for about a two months now, and its our whole families favorite fish. But my little baby decided she wanted the Baby Tiger Brabs, so i bought 3, only to find out on here they are "semi-agressive" little fish. Now my Angelfish is a big full grown angelfish and my Tigers, are all really little. Do you think i am setting my angel up for eventual death? Or do you think he can hold his own?

Ive been watching for the past few days, and it doesnt look like there is any nipping going on, but they are trying to fight for territory against my Red finned shark.(which he is a bad "mofo" so he isnt budging.)

My tank is a 39 Gallon tall, with lots of room to hide.

your fine. all those fish can house together and if you ever do notice the barbs nipping on the angels then just get a few more barbs as they will nip amongest each other too. your shark is fine. he should be able to fend for himself.

Barbs feel more secure in large groups and won't nip others as much.
Thanks for your help. I started with 3 Tiger Barbsa, and then later found out that 6 is a good number to have. So i went and got three more. Only to come back the next evening to only three tiger barbs again. lol The other three dissappeared. So im not sure if i should add more again or not...

If they are dead in the aquarium you can expect your water quality to have problems it is possible to have an ammonia spike. Do you have your lobster in your tank with your fish? That might be what happen to your barb. I don't know if this is true since I heard it from a LFS but she told me that it isn't a good idea to have the lobster in the tank with the angel because they can hurt the angel. She didn't try to talk me into buying so I figured she might know what she was talking about.

If you got him before the barbs he already has his territory and will hold his own against the tiger barbs. He'll be alright..... Yea a lobster with any fish you care about is not a good idea... Separate tank!

Back
Top Bottom