Bigsea's Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh nice. Well hes still in freshwater happy as a clam. Active and eating well. Gonna downsize his tank as i got new plans for the 20L. Stoked about this rain! We definitely need it!

As for the 55, corydoras are gone, bumped the turquoise rainbows up from 4 to 7. Its THEIR tank now. Also picked up a dwarf chain loach for the 55. Finally buckled down and split the crypts down to individual plantlets. Gonne be a massive crypt garden up front. Such a weird dynamic in there. The 3 siamese, the rainbows, and the chain loach all school together. One big happy fish fam

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452073964.152065.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452074010.773542.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452074030.408412.jpg

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

Also if anyone sees this, my madagascar lace is growing like a weed. But my amazon swords are growing super slow. I treat with root tabs and liquid ferts.. Any idea whats going on??? Was thinking i might need to grow the plants out in a shorter tank

I use double the regular amount of root tabs for swords. They are really heavy feeders when it comes to ferts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well when i say root tabs i mean osmocote plus. I used about half an icecube out of those icetrays. One of those under each sword. New growth is solid green but the leaves are a little wrinkly.. I guess ill put more in there

Okay. As for the odd growth, think it would be okay to leave them on since theyre still a healthy green? Trimming the ugly leaves off would mean trimming it to nothing haha

Okay. As for the odd growth, think it would be okay to leave them on since theyre still a healthy green? Trimming the ugly leaves off would mean trimming it to nothing haha

I'd leave it alone then. Give it a chance to regenerate and make you some nice leaves.

Brenna

Just a heads up, dwarf chain loaches are schooling, you'll want more than one

+1 They're definitely much happier and more active in groups, great little fish!

I hear you.
And trust me i plan on it. Hes schooling with my SAE's and rainbows maybe cause hes young and doesnt know any better. But Once the 20long is set my mysterys and flower shrimp are going in there and ill be grabbing as many as i can for the 55. I was completely overtaken by this little guy's personality. Bioload is super stacked as is for the 55. How are chain loaches waste wise??

I get it! We had an angelicus loach alone for a while because the store only had one. It won't kill them in the short term.

They are so fun aren't they! They're not much on bioload. Comparable to your average corydoras.

Dangerously fun. So jealous! i was really hungry for the angelicus loach but they dont sell them locally where im at. Mostly yoyos, khulis, zebras, and clowns around here. This chain loach came from a little less than an hour away and i overpaid for him. Hes pulling his weight in price though.

Dangerously fun. So jealous! i was really hungry for the angelicus loach but they dont sell them locally where im at. Mostly yoyos, khulis, zebras, and clowns around here. This chain loach came from a little less than an hour away and i overpaid for him. Hes pulling his weight in price though.

They don't come cheap anywhere.... They're all but extinct in the wild and hard to captive breed so the price is somewhat justified. You can always find angelicus online. My ambition is to someday breed them actually!

They don't come cheap anywhere.... They're all but extinct in the wild and hard to captive breed so the price is somewhat justified. You can always find angelicus online. My ambition is to someday breed them actually!

Oh wow didnt know that. Learn something new everyday on here. Maybe the seller of these chains has some info on breeding the chains that will be worth sharing. Cause they had a crap ton. In multiple tanks

Could have a breeder source, although I believe most in the aquarium trade are bred artificially by hormone injection?

Id be the wrong one to ask. The only thing i can breed are pond snails apparently HA

bigsea, do you mind posting a pic of your loach?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lights are off and coming on at 6:30. Its 4:15 now. I have a group pic but not a good one for him

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452298476.472081.jpg

Back
Top Bottom