Bio-load question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrism

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was hoping to get a larger tank by now, but as things have worked out im not going to be able to, so i will be returning my two pictus cats to my lfs or somewhere, i would love to get some cories or otto's or both instead :S

Now here's the situation, (all thoughts opinions welcome)

70l tank, 24" x 12" x 15"
xp1 15% PWC every 2/3 days
all water paramaters are good, tested regularly
13 cardinal tetra
5 redyeye tetra
3 bolivian ram
2 pictus cats (going)
1 BN

I havent got any real broad leaved plants at the mo, i have got vals, asian ambulia, Cryptocoryne willisii and anubias nana would these provide a good amount of shleter for the ottos? there is also a driftwood cave (BN lives in there) im guessin 6 is a good number to have if i was to have them.

Pandas well get six of these, im pretty sure my tank is fine for them!

not flexable on the bolivian rams, altho when i can get them to pair off one will be goin! or BN but would be willing to reduce number of cardinals and i could probably live with getting rid of the red eyes all together altho they are fun to watch, maybe just the one... there always seems to be on odd one out hmmm

anyway... is it possible to keep pandas and ottos in this tank and what are your thoughts on it...?

thanks a lot guys!

It appears that you have a fully stocked tank right now although since you have a good canister filter you might be able to overstock successfully. If you remove the Pictus cats you should be able to add a couple of otos just fine. I wouldn't add any corys unless you remove some tetras. That's just my opinion though.

As someone who overstocks on bottom dwellers, I think you will be fine. Keep up with PWC :D Just make sure the pictus cats are gone before adding the new cories.

oh yes i definately will! i think i will make a fone call to my lfs and make sure 1) they'll take the pictus 2) they've got some in if not order me some and hold them till i can get over :)

so 6 pandas and 6 ottos would be ok in ur opinon menagerie? :D i think i'll add them one lot at a time, probably the largest first just to be on the safe side?

also dnt think you've been ignored gheitman, i do keep up pwc's and i will test on a daily basis & mointor behaviour :)

Back
Top Bottom