Bio- Wheel 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any one with any opinions?

I was considering a aquaclear 70 but I found a deal on the Bio-wheel. I like the two cartridge system. But have never uused one.

Thanks Drew

I use the bio wheels, and they are okay, but the wheels stop turning sometimes, and you have to prime some of them by lifting the impeller up. I never have a problem with my AquaClears. They both work good though. :)

I have a bio-wheel in my guppy tank. I like the bio-wheel filter quite a bit more then my whisper filter. The whisper bio-bags aren't made to last anymore. I use to be able to keep a bio-bag filter in for a month and 1/2, but they barely last a month now.
gail
GPG

My favorite is the AC as the bio wheel makes to much noise. That is just my opinion.

I used to run a Penguin 200 on my 29g. I had two knocks against it:
1. The filter cartridges plugged up really quickly.
2. It doesn't like sand.

The filter cartridge problem was solved by getting a couple of Marineland's media basket cartridges and filling them with filter foam. The filter worked great after that until I switched from gravel to sand. The sand ate two impellers and made the filter screech horribly. I didn't want to blow any more money on impellers, so I tried an AC70. The Penguin wasn't bad, but the AC handles sand a lot better.

I have 2 bio wheels and sand, and have never had a problem. My intake valves are about 2-3 inches from the bottom. One is in the cory tank too, and they LOVE to stir sand up!
My bio wheels are also quiet, my AC is louder, but I think that's because I didn't cut the little leveler on the back properly.

Back
Top Bottom