bio-wheel stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyb1425

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a 25 gal. high tank with an eclipse II hood established for about 8 months. If I put in the filter correctly the water runs comepletely over the top of it (as it should), emptys into the bio-wheel chamber, but then doesn't force my bio-wheel to spin at all. I have read the directions and understand that it is ok if it is even just pinning slowly, but it is not moving at all. I have cleaned out the part that holds the wheel and still have had no luck. Is there anything else I should be trying? Is there a flow level adjustment somewhere on this thing that I am not finding? :?:

As far as I know there isn't a flow level adjuster. Then again I've only had my Eclipse for about a month and a half. Did you try replacing the bio-wheel?

Take out the biowheel and clean the plastic pins that it spins on. Also clean the area in your hood where the pins sit. Gunk can build up from what I have heard.

does the wheel spin freely if you spin it with your finger? If its gunked up trying rolling it on a flat surface and see if it will loosen up. The water flow is reaching the wheel to spin it right?

I will give these a shot, I have cleaned it already, but now I may get into a little scrubbing. If all else fails I may just replace the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom