Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

bioload on a 75 with a pleco?

If a common pleco was kept in a 75 gallon tank, would one be able to keep other fish in there as well? gouramis and giant danios for example, I assume angels and similar fish would be in danger of getting sucked upon by the pleco? I'm not sure where the bio load requirements end and the space ones begin for plecos.

reeb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeb666 View Post
If a common pleco was kept in a 75 gallon tank, would one be able to keep other fish in there as well? gouramis and giant danios for example, I assume angels and similar fish would be in danger of getting sucked upon by the pleco? I'm not sure where the bio load requirements end and the space ones begin for plecos.
I have a heavily stocked 75 gallon mixed African cichlid tank with a Pleco, loaches, synodontis and a feather fin. Weekly water changes and 2 AC110's and I'm fine. Over a year and a half now.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm not sure what fish you could keep with the pleco, but you should be able to keep others with it in a 75 gallon tank. I have a common pleco, balloon molly, molly, and cory cat in a 10 gallon which is probably too small, but they are all still alive. Also, your right angles, discus, silver dollars, and the such will probably get sucked by the pleco.

Tags
bio, bioload, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com