bioload on a 75 with a pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeb666

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If a common pleco was kept in a 75 gallon tank, would one be able to keep other fish in there as well? gouramis and giant danios for example, I assume angels and similar fish would be in danger of getting sucked upon by the pleco? I'm not sure where the bio load requirements end and the space ones begin for plecos.

If a common pleco was kept in a 75 gallon tank, would one be able to keep other fish in there as well? gouramis and giant danios for example, I assume angels and similar fish would be in danger of getting sucked upon by the pleco? I'm not sure where the bio load requirements end and the space ones begin for plecos.

I have a heavily stocked 75 gallon mixed African cichlid tank with a Pleco, loaches, synodontis and a feather fin. Weekly water changes and 2 AC110's and I'm fine. Over a year and a half now.

I'm not sure what fish you could keep with the pleco, but you should be able to keep others with it in a 75 gallon tank. I have a common pleco, balloon molly, molly, and cory cat in a 10 gallon which is probably too small, but they are all still alive. Also, your right angles, discus, silver dollars, and the such will probably get sucked by the pleco.

Back
Top Bottom