Birthday fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna112

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, it's my birthday today, so I decided what better gift then going to buy fish! I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I have:
10gallon
3 cherry barbs
2 platties
3 fancy guppy
1 ottocinicus
2 penguin tetras
1 sumo loach
2 khulie loaches
2 African dwarf frogs

29 GALLON:
3 Sailfin Molly
5 plecos
1 African butterfly
1 pearl scale goldfish
1 flounder
2 ghost shrimp
7 Cory cats
1 upside-down catfish
2 bumblebee catfish
1 Raphael catfish
1 botia
1 mud puppy

I'm looking to move many of the fish over to the 29 and keeping the mud puppy and the frogs together with the Otto in the 10 gallon.
I know to many I might be over stocked. I do frequent water changes. I haven't lost any fish, or have gotten ich. My fish seem very happy and love to eat blackworms. I have a very good filter too. And suggestions on fish would be appreciated :)

IMO both tanks are very overstocked and you should take that money and buy a bigger tank for those guys

and happy birthday!

IMO you are grossly over and miss-stocked so I can't recommend anything. Fish may seem fine for awhile, but they grow and mature if placed in a suitable enough environment. I fear your's will not.

Sorry to seem like a downer, it's unintentional and all about the fish. I do hope you have a wonderful birthday today! :)

I have to agree with the previous posts.

10gallon
5 cherry barbs
3 fancy guppy
1 ottocinicus
5 khulie loaches

29 GALLON:
3 Sailfin Molly
2 ghost shrimp
5 penguin tetras
7 Cory cats
1 Raphael catfish
1 botia

This would be a better stocking and that's only if you have adequate filters.

- Plecos have shouldn't be in a 10g unless they're dwarf varieties and you're lightly stocked.
- Goldfish are messy. Fancy types need 30g for the first fish and 10g-20g for each additional fish.
- Flounder get too large for a 29g.
- Upside-down cat isn't really compatible with your other fish. Same for the mud puppy.

You could always use that birthday money to get a nice big tank and spread your fish out.

The plecos are in the 29. And they are dwarfs not the common type. My mud puppy won't mess with my fish or at least he hasn't yet. He will even let the ghost shrimp stand on his head :)
Thanks so much for the advice.
The up side down cat isnt the Asian black one that grows three foot.

Some of my little guys

Attachments

• image-2079290400.jpg
    image-2079290400.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1163070997.jpg
    image-1163070997.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1175602085.jpg
    image-1175602085.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1544677976.jpg