Black algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Over the years Ive gotten many algae types mostly from leaving my light on too long. How long are your lights on for?

I was starting to get what I believed to be brown algae with my lights on 8hrs a day in a 29 gallon planted tank I'm building. Reduced the photo period to 6hrs and it seemed to help out. I will see if I attach a link to what diatoms are. Might be more helpful than me trying to explain it haha.

[URL[https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatom

Ya maybe try 6 or 8 hours. And see if that helps any! Or you can try spot treatment with peroxide or excel. Ive never tried excel but I have used peroxide with good results!

Looks like black brush algae to me. Spot treat with Excel/Glut/H2O2. BBA indicates an imbalance of carbon dioxide, either indicating that CO2 levels are fluctuating or they are too low for proper and stable photosynthetic activity. As the previous poster said, reduce the photoperiod a bit.

Looks like black brush algae to me. Spot treat with Excel/Glut/H2O2. BBA indicates an imbalance of carbon dioxide, either indicating that CO2 levels are fluctuating or they are too low for proper and stable photosynthetic activity. As the previous poster said, reduce the photoperiod a bit.
Wow thank you I didnt know it indicated that! Thank you my friend

Back
Top Bottom