Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Black devil catfish in community?

I have only just found out about this fish and I really like them! I can easily meet all there requirements but I have heard they can be aggressive and I don't want my other fish hurt, has anyone got any experience with them? Also known as crystal eye catfish and bagridae wyckii.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane87 View Post
I have only just found out about this fish and I really like them! I can easily meet all there requirements but I have heard they can be aggressive and I don't want my other fish hurt, has anyone got any experience with them? Also known as crystal eye catfish and bagridae wyckii.
Quick search turned this up. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...yedcatfish.php

Says it gets increasingly aggressive with age and will kill anything else in the aquarium, should be kept alone.
Zimmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for replying so fast. That's what I have read as well but a lfs manager said he has known people to keep them in large robust community aquariums as long as you give them a territory and large tank, they are normally pretty solid with their advice but I dred my other fish being injured so I was hoping for some hands on experience if anyone has any.

Tags
catfish, community

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com