Black ghost ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jefe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a black ghost and wanted to know if there's any type of special care for them??

A Black Ghost Knifefish?

A big tank. Minimum of 75 gallons with plans to upgrade in the near future.

I toss in some live Ghost Shrimp once a month so he can get his hunt on. They will eat just about anything once they get comfy in the tank which could take a while. They love Blood Worms. Mine scarfs on Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets.

They are not very tolerant of poor water conditions so keep nitrate low and don't skip your maintenance.

Soft sand substrate and a few caves he can retreat into.

Don't freak out if you find him in a cave upside-down and not moving or lying on his side on the sand. He's not dead, just chillin.

Anything that's not small or aggressive. Tetras, cories etc are all likely to be seen as appetizers short term (Their eyes) or meals later (All of them) while aggressive fish like barbs or non-bala sharks are quite capable of scrapping with the ghostknife to it's detriment.

Bristlenose plecos are good as a cleanup crew.

In general:
No bottom feeders for sure
and nothing that can fit in its mouth

I have one in my 220 and he eats small pieces of shrimp and Blood Worms. For other bottom dwellers I have 2 Cories, 1 Eclipse Cat, 2 Plecos, 1 Fire Eel, and 1 Bichir and they get along fine. But most wont take pellets until they are larger so the best thing to feed him now are blood worms. What size tank?

Thanks!!! Yea he just hiding in the castle saw him out at night with the red tail shark idk if he was chasing or playing and how long would it take for it to get Comfortable? And I got a 55 gallon planning to upgrade in the future

Thanks!!! Yea he just hiding in the castle saw him out at night with the red tail shark idk if he was chasing or playing and how long would it take for it to get Comfortable? And I got a 55 gallon planning to upgrade in the future

Oh that's not too bad. I forgot I have mine with a Rainbow Shark and the Rainbow does quite often chase my BGK but they never make contact cause my BGK does matrix moves. Lol what are you currently feeding him?

Lol and flakes and blood worms but he won't come out just got him last night

Yea he still won't come out wants too but scared too

Back
Top Bottom