Black Ghost Knife & Eels, are they centerpiece fish ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
how would you classify fish like BGK and Eels.

are they centerpiece fish, despite being nocturnal and hiding most of the time ??

bgk definetly a show fish i reckon. u can train them to come out during the day but they are slow to adjust.
Eels are unusual and can be a centrepiece to the tank but they're pricks of things to keep apparently.

i have a peacock eel spiny eel(i believe)
Peacock.jpg

just by feeding them during the day and getting them used to the light.
theres one at the lfs that has plenty of hiding places but prefers to swim around with all the other fish.

How wide is the tank?

Black Ghost knifes reach a max size of 20". IMO if the tank is under 36" wide, I would not even consider getting one.

Peacock eels reach a max size of 12".

i have to i believe zig-zag spiny eels, 1 always hides in my decorations or in the gravel and the other one just swims around all day looking for food.. i've had them for about 2 weeks and the smaller one always comes up to the glass "begging" for food anytime someone walks into the room..

I have 2 fire eels myself. They were just under 4 inches when I got them, and are now 9 inches. They usually hide inside the hollow of a rock decor I have until just before lights out. Sometimes 1 will come out a little earlier. When they come out, they beg for food, dancing around in front of the glass. They will even let me pet them, and they rub their heads on my fingers. And eat food right from my fingers, frozed cube of bloodworms. They take the bloodworms off the cube as it's melting.

Back
Top Bottom