Black Khuli Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xkenneth

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have one of these? I'm just curious as to what they notice as far as behaviour goes. My black khuli lives in a tank with two other striped khuli loaches. The two regular ones are very shy and spend most of their time hiding, but the black is a completely different story. He does vertical circles on the tank walls all day long, literally 24/7. I'm beginning to think he's brain damaged or something of that matter. Just curious if anyone else notices such active behaviour from a khuli.

My clown loach did that for almost 2 months! AFter a while, he stopped, but he has a permanant dark grey spot on his forehead. Now, he acts like more of a fish than a loach.
When i feed flakes, he comes up to the surface with all the other fish, flips upside down, and starts sucking at the surface to get food. It makes a loud clicking noise!

Usually fish do that if they're a bit peeved about their change of scenery. Kinda like a dog sniffs out a house. Check compatiblilty charts, see what PH and temp the loach is used to. I know alot of loaches like it warm (80-82 degrees or higher) I keep both my tanks at 80-81

my regular kuhlies do that every now and then, specially when i turn on the lights, or if i go look at the tank in the middle of the night when all lights are off i can see them swimming around like that. i think its just normal tho. i've had mine for 3 years or so, and they've been fine the whole time, but they've always done that every now and then.

Not sure about the PH, but he lives in my discus tank so i keep the water a warm 82. I've actually been able to keep the water at the temperature without a heater, the flourescent lights put off quite alot of heat and add about 4 degrees to my house (which is usually kept around 78.)

Back
Top Bottom