Black kuhli loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sure, its a great fish, they are scavengers, but a couple of drawbacks. 1. they are nocturnal, if you are looking for something you can watch, forget it, you put them in and then they are gone. 2. They love a sand substrate because they will dig into your substrate to sleep during the day. They will do ok in a greavel tank but only if its a smooth gravel. I have 3 of those and a Dojo loach in my 55, once in a great while I'll see them in the morning at feeding time but thats about it.

My brother had one it was crazy it was wiggling everywhere it dropped a couple weeks later I felt really bad...

I used to have some a few years ago and they did hide all day but when they were out of hiding they were nice fish to watch

Steelhawke said:
sure, its a great fish, they are scavengers, but a couple of drawbacks. 1. they are nocturnal, if you are looking for something you can watch, forget it, you put them in and then they are gone. 2. They love a sand substrate because they will dig into your substrate to sleep during the day. They will do ok in a greavel tank but only if its a smooth gravel. I have 3 of those and a Dojo loach in my 55, once in a great while I'll see them in the morning at feeding time but thats about it.

They're a GREAT fish I have 3 and I see them a lot , actually , more than a lot of people say. They're very goofy and cute and are peaceful

Kuhli's are a great community fish and scavenger. The trick to seeing them alot is to provide them with as many hiding spots as you can. This will make them feel more confident and safe so they'll roam around more often in the daylight.

i have 8 of them...when you keep them in great numbers there more prone to be seen during the day and yes the more spots you have for them to hide they will run back and forth to the plants caves decor

Black kuhlis are peaceful hardy fish that are a different species from Pangio kuhli. These are Pangio oblonga. Cool fish but difficult to catch. I spent at least 6 months trying to catch that fish. Now I need to catch my hoarseface loach. Loaches are like public enemy number one. The hardest fish to catch.

bettaowner said:
Black kuhlis are peaceful hardy fish that are a different species from Pangio kuhli. These are Pangio oblonga. Cool fish but difficult to catch. I spent at least 6 months trying to catch that fish. Now I need to catch my hoarseface loach. Loaches are like public enemy number one. The hardest fish to catch.

What about ghost shrimp? Lol

You got to try the 2 net trick works for me i have 8 kuhlis and 2 weather loachs....those are jumpers when you try to catch them

Back
Top Bottom