black kuhli loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mekachu04

Aquarium Advice Regular
back in January of 2014, i started up my main tank. among other things, i got 5 black kuhli loaches. loved 'em to bits.

then **** happened.

long and short of it is that its 2019, and i still have three loaches. they seem happy - they swim laps around the tank with each other in the early evenings when i get home from work and *seem* to be doing okay.

but i also know they prefer to be in larger groups. They are also over 5 years old at this point - never mind having no idea how old they where when originally bought. they're about 3 - 3.5 inches long by my best guess.

Assuming pet store loaches are juveniles - will they still be happy if i had much younger loaches in with them? will that age difference be an issue?

Often times the new additions will keep to themselves for awhile, and then over time they will seem to pile up together more often and get to be a group more frequently. Sometimes the old and new groups still seem to hang out in their original groups to some degree.

The second question is really do you want more of them for the next 5 years? If yes then great! You probably already know there are other types of Kuhlis which also might stay in their own groups but also get along just fine co-mingling together.

Back
Top Bottom