Black mollies and white mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoK

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever spawned a black molly and a white together? I was wondering if some of the fry would be dalmations?

Hm, maybe you just didn't get lucky enough? lol Has anyone else tryed it? I think it would be cool to have little dalmation mollies. I know that I could breed 2 dalmations together..

I don't remember the ratios but in science class, a long time ago, if you crossed a white animal with a black, you should get so many white, so many black and the balance mixes. I have had gold and blacks cross and produce golds with black speckles. :D

Yeah! i had some black with gold bellies! then i bred the black and gold with one that was all white and it was white with gold spots after the third batch of fry. lol

I haven't yet, but my tank is set up for it.

I currently have 3 mollies in my tank (two female black) and one silver lyretail (male). I don't think either female is prego yet, but I'll let you guys know how the fry turn out if/when they come.

I've bred dalmation mollies to silver mollies and most don't even get spots even though the prominant male is almost completely black

Back
Top Bottom