Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Black Molly with discoloration....any insight?

I have two female black mollies and three 6 week old fry in a 55 gal freshwater aquarium with a variety of other smaller fish all doing very well. However, one of my black mollies has a silver coloration around her gills and on her belly. As far as I know she's always had some silver on her (I've had her about two months) but it seems to be spreading. She appears to be healthy and eats like a molly should, but this silver on her has me concerned. Does she have some kind of disease, should I pull her out? Any insight would be great.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

some mollies get spots, because no salt is in tank. this is more frequent in black mollies. a salt bath for short periods of time will help. these spots my look like ich. we looked it up in one of the many fish books we have. hope it works! zilla & wifie

Old 05-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to debomb4u Send a message via MSN to debomb4u
mine has the same thing... its kind of silvery and bluish. it seems to be on its forehead and sides. i have salt in there though around 1tb per 5 gallons and when i do a water change i put in alittle more or less.

10 gal-
2 Orange wag tail platys
1 Red tail shark
1 Rainbow shark
3 African dwarf frogs
Snails
Aponogeton
Lilly's
Hornwort (which i was told was Anacharis)
debomb4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black molly, discoloration, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com