Black moor and tropical fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I have a 36 gallon tank with a few neon tetras (very big for neons) a few guppies and Molly's a rubber lip pleco and 2 white skirt tetras. I keep the temp at 76 and have a fluval canister filter. I was wondering if I could add a black moor goldfish (I've always loved them). Will he eat the other fish? They are very small at petsmart. Also how could I feed the other fish their food and him his goldfish food. I also have a air stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beside temp are there any other reasons why I can't?

Goldfish get very large an produce a lot of waste, I don't think you would have room for them if you even out the schools. An there coldwater

Plecos find the natural slime coat on goldfish very tasty. So your pleco may end up killing it. Plus blackmoors are very slow swimmers so they may end up starving with the faster tetras. They can also grow up to 10in meaning you would have too much in the tank unless you upgrade. That plus the aforementioned temperature situation might mean it's a bad idea.

Last edited:
They are such adorable fish though so I get the desire to have them. I'm tempted to get another tank just to get a couple.

Goldfish prefer colder water temperatures, whereas ur tropical fish are going to have warmer water.

Back
Top Bottom