Black Moor Temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been so busy, I haven't been on AA in forever! Took down tanks, down to 3 now ect.. My 20g is pretty much empty now (RCS, ghost shrimp, ABN) after a GBR breeding attempt gone wrong (they killed each other)..

I've always wanted a moor and this seems like a good opportunity for it. It'll be 1 of 2 fish in the tank, other one being the ABN, as I'm not really counting the shrimp, which may get eaten even by the moor.

Only real question is the temp, I've read they can do fine up to 78°F, but seeing as I live in Texas, it gets HOT here, and sometimes during the day the tank will get up to 80°F-82°F. Not for long though. Think that would be pushing it too much?

Thanks for any advice!!

I think a black moor would be fine in that temperature as long as the temp falls back into a more comfortable range for it at night.

That does seem a bit warm for them. Increase aeration and/or surface movement during hot spells, as water gets warmer it holds less O2. Add a fan to help cool the water during warmer periods also. I have an old fan controller out of one of my old computers that monitors the temp in the goldfish tank and turns the fans on when it gets warmer.

Okay, that is the hottest I've ever seen the tank get. But I wanted to make sure that'd still be fine. It's an open top tank, so I can turn my fan on and it'll make a big difference.

blert said:
That does seem a bit warm for them. Increase aeration and/or surface movement during hot spells, as water gets warmer it holds less O2. Add a fan to help cool the water during warmer periods also. I have an old fan controller out of one of my old computers that monitors the temp in the goldfish tank and turns the fans on when it gets warmer.

What do you feed yours?

00youknowit00 said:
What do you feed yours?

A variety of fresh fruits and veggies, sinking pellets and flakes. The flakes I make sure to soak and sink them as you don't want them floating on the surface of the water.

blert said:
A variety of fresh fruits and veggies, sinking pellets and flakes. The flakes I make sure to soak and sink them as you don't want them floating on the surface of the water.

Okay that's what I thought, cause you don't want them eating air correct?

Back
Top Bottom