black moor throwing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katym27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently rehomed my aggressive gourami and put the black moor back in the community after treating him with Melafix. We have been gone for a day, I fed them the night before we left and we just got home. He has been swimming around just spitting stuff out, but it isn't after he eats anything. Did he gorge or is there something wrong? I've never seen him do this before. I'm probably worrying about nothing, but he is my favorite fish! Thanks!!

Usually, this is after he had rooted around the gravel for stuff & find it is not to his liking .... My fish takes in sand from the bottom, swish it around in the mouth to see if there is anything edible, & spits out the rest. They do the same with bits of algae or anything else floating in the water.

Chances are this is just the spitting. However, do watch your fish eat during feeding time. If the fish cannot swallow -say a small rock had lodged in the throat - it will eventually have to spit out the mouthful of food, after much chewing & attempts at swallowing ... that can occur many minutes after the fish had taken in the food.

that makes sense, he does root around in the rocks a lot. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom