black or white sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heera said:
I called home depot the don't have filter sand.
Where can I but from?

Was black the play sand??

Try lows and ask for pool filter sand if they don't have it yeah.... Any pool place... It should be cheap there as well if not cheaper. The Black is just riverstones from dollar tree. U cannot get PFS sand in black as far as I know :)

I called a pool store. They said 25$ for 50lbs.

But she said it's too sharp to be used in a fish tank.
????

I am using black blasting sand that retails for $10 for an 88 lb bag. It comes in #12, #29 (same as PFS) and #40 grit sizes.
PFS like blasting sand is "sharp", in that the edges are rough from the crushing process.

BillD said:
I am using black blasting sand that retails for $10 for an 88 lb bag. It comes in #12, #29 (same as PFS) and #40 grit sizes.
PFS like blasting sand is "sharp", in that the edges are rough from the crushing process.

Oh ok I understand but once it's settled and packed it would still be sharp?

BillD said:

Bill, where did you get the black blasting sand from?

How would sharp sand (pool or blasting sand) work with cory's, cats, loaches, shrimps and snails. ( bottom feeders)

Does anyone with sand have any of these? What's ur experience?

Heera said:
How would sharp sand (pool or blasting sand) work with cory's, cats, loaches, shrimps and snails. ( bottom feeders)

Does anyone with sand have any of these? What's ur experience?

I have a pleco and a Cory in another tank. I've not had the Cory that long but I've heard mixed stories... If u are adding some riverstones it should help bc it's not all sand..... ?? Idk.... Most ppl here have PFS

Heera said:
Hi Alex,
Home depot, Lowe's have blasting sand. I checked today.

I checked both Home Depot & Lowes and didn't find blasting sand

Back
Top Bottom