blackworm culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Felf

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i tried using brown paper bags but they break down too fast and i read that you can use burlap but what if i use something solid like a piece of driftwood or a coconut shell? it would be hard to get the worms out but would they be able to eat it?

wont the newspaper break down just as fast, if not, sooner than a paper bag?

dont some places say to use like a piece of plexiglass? or am i in the wrong food?

lol nickname at school is panda :D. but yeah. i know some kinds, just cant remember em :lol:

well i havent seen many things things that are packed in burlap, even potatoes. where can i get the bags themselves?

Its possible that the potatoes that are on display and are not in bags could have come out of burlap.. or there was some brulap in the box.. See if you cant talk to someone in the produse department at the grosery store (someone that stocks the produse or a manager type) and see if they cant help you find some.

So Felf, did you have any luck?

I seem to have accidentally gotten into blackworm culture. Sick fish wouldn't eat, bought live food with hopes, and now the QT has a rather large colony of blackworms, with little babys swimming all over the place. (Oddest swimming style I've ever seen.) The fish seems somewhat improved, although I havn't seen him eat, he is hopefully taking advantage of living in a blackworm culture when I'm not looking. He does frequently hover over the worm clusters and scatter them with his fins.

I have additional blackworms in a smaller container that I'm feeding to the fish in the main tank. Took some of them awhile to notice it was food. I'm alternating between the worms and a veggie pellet, so they don't get too constipated off of the carnivorus diet. The small container culture is kinda disgusting, don't think I'll try to maintain it after all the worms have become dinner. The QT culture is trouble-free, living off the established biofilter and food waste. Have alot of snails in the QT too, since I started with aquarium water that apparently held a snail Adam and an Eve.

Back
Top Bottom