Blood Red Parrot Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two Blood Red Parrot Cichlids in a 75 gallon tank. I've had them for a while, done my research, all that. But lately they've kind of holed up in one spot of the tank: a turtle shell. The smaller one stays inside, while the bigger one guards. They're very protective, and have even bit me. They also take turns while feeding. The larger one goes first and eats then comes back and the smaller one eats. But today, I noticed the smaller one isn't as orange-red as before. It looks like the fish has lost color. Is this normal? Are they going to spawn?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have two Blood Red Parrot Cichlids in a 75 gallon tank. I've had them for a while, done my research, all that. But lately they've kind of holed up in one spot of the tank: a turtle shell. The smaller one stays inside, while the bigger one guards. They're very protective, and have even bit me. They also take turns while feeding. The larger one goes first and eats then comes back and the smaller one eats. But today, I noticed the smaller one isn't as orange-red as before. It looks like the fish has lost color. Is this normal? Are they going to spawn?

Hi!

From the aggressive behavior I would agree they may be trying to spawn! Good luck if they do!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks! I hope they do spawn. It'd be my first experience in that area, and I think it'd be very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom