blood worm/population?....and a simple guppy question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As the population of my 29 gallon tank (there have been a few changes):

Two dwarf gourami
Two cory cats
Three neons
Three skirt tetras
Two platys
Three male guppies
and a frog

On to what I'm wondering........
I've been reading here that the frog needs blood worms and so I got some,the dehydrated kind in the can.Are the worms ok for every one to eat?And how can I be sure that the frog gets some?He does swim to the top when I feed flake,but he's usually late to the party.

The guppy question:
As you see I have three male guppies.Over the last few days I've read a post or two about male to female guppy ratios.Why is that needed and what is the ideal ratio?The gupps look good and behave fine....although I believe one is trying to mate the platy...(possible?)

I realize that adding females will generate fry and and whatever is not consumed will add to the population ect....I would rather avoid that ideally but I will do whats best for my existing fish.

Thanks guys.

All male guppies are fine, the 3 to 1 comes into play when you mix the sexes to protect the females. You should fill out your tetra schools and maybe get a couple more cories.

I dont know about frogs but there is a recent thread in New Aquisitions about feeding them.

The frogs would prefer frozen bloodworms as opposed to dried. There are a few methods to getting the frog his food. One is a turkey baster and suck up the worms and gently put them in front of the frog. That is how I do it. There is a thread on here that lists some other ideas like Rich mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom