Bloodwoms- WOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonit

Aquarium Advice Activist
A couple of weeks ago I bought some bloodworms, the freeze dried variety. I have been feeding them every other day or so, as a treat. Well, my wife and I were looking at the tank yesterday and she says, "That angel lookslike it is psychedelic or something." I lookes more closely and saw that there were small metallic blue spots all over the head and fins of one of the angels. Upon further inspection, ALL my angels have gone through this change! Almost any spot that was white is not metallic blue - almost like a discus coloration. The only change in the tank was the bloodworms, so I am giving them the credit. I will try to post some pics soon, but it;s hard because you have to catch them in just the right light.

I've got two koi angels. They got the silver/metallic patches on their bodies. The guy in the shop said it means they're reaching maturity and may be about to breed. Maybe you'll get some eggs soon! :D

Great! Now, I know that angels lay eggs on flat surfaces, and I have plenty. But, I also have a pair of clown loaches, will they eat they eggs? I will also grab some of the frozen ones Logan - thanks.

My experience with my angels laying eggs is this..

Angels appearing to fight is a preliminary sign that somethings up.
They get aggressive with the other fish and fly around the tank attached to each other by their lips.
They lay the eggs on the vertical filter stack.
Then they swim up and down, fanning fresh water over the eggs.
During this process some eggs drop off the stack.
If the other fish don't get there first, the angels eat the eggs.
After about 12 hours all the eggs are gone.
From what I've read its difficult to care for the eggs and get little angels, you have to move the eggs out to another tank. I've only got one tank and don't fancy running another one, so thats out.
:)

Back
Top Bottom