Bloodworm or flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guy554

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I been reading on here that bloodworms are better for fish. So I went to my LFS and talked to a lady that has always given be good advice. I currently have a 45 gallon tank and 30 gallon tank. The 40 has three angles, two sunset gourami, two Germans rams and a ballon ram. In the 30 gallon tank I have a two power blue gouramis, couple ballon Molly's and couple platies. She told me that she never feeds her freshwater fish flakes and only give them bloodworms. She also told me that bloodworms will make the fish grow faster and bring out their colors. I was thinking of feeding my fish bloodworms every other feeding and flake in between. Or do i stay with bloodworms?

So I been reading on here that bloodworms are better for fish. So I went to my LFS and talked to a lady that has always given be good advice. I currently have a 45 gallon tank and 30 gallon tank. The 40 has three angles, two sunset gourami, two Germans rams and a ballon ram. In the 30 gallon tank I have a two power blue gouramis, couple ballon Molly's and couple platies. She told me that she never feeds her freshwater fish flakes and only give them bloodworms. She also told me that bloodworms will make the fish grow faster and bring out their colors. I was thinking of feeding my fish bloodworms every other feeding and flake in between. Or do i stay with bloodworms?

I use Omega One Color flakes, Frozen/thawed bloodworms and F/T brine shrimp. Live food on occasion.

Not every fish can eat just bloodworms.

And yes, as part of the diet is good. Unless you have certain Africans or Goldfish. Veggie eaters should not have too much protein .

Mollies need some greens. Ours got blanched zucchini and romaine.

If you are going to stick with flakes. Go to kensfish.com and buy it in the big bags. It's way cheaper and so much more food. Last forever.

Bloodworms are more of a treat than anything for most freshwater fish.
A good quality flake or pellet should be a staple and then bloodworms maybe 1-2x per week.

So by what I'm reading, I should alternate between bloodworms and flakes?

before feeding blood worms please read about them. some companies guarantee they are parasite free and some don't. blood worms cary a parasite that if fed to much to fish can be dangerous. feed blood worms 1 time a week and get quality ones. especially when feeding angel fish.

Hello Guy...

I always check the ingredients on the container before I buy. If there's a long list of additives and I don't know what they are, I pass on it. Frozen will be the most nutritious. It has the frozen animal and moisture (water). The others, like flakes, have a long list of chemicals. The sole purpose of these, is to extend the shelf life of the product. Not something I'd feed my fish. I have to much money invested in them. I want them to live a long time.

B

Back
Top Bottom