Blue crawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had one of these? O have a community tropical tank and was wondering if he'd get along well with the others. I have some tetras, ghost shrimp, mollies, rosy barbs, odessas, aus rainbows, albino pleco,

I've only googled them but I've read that most crawfish don't make good community members bc they go after your fish.

Yeah I saw them in my lfs and just thought of all my bottom dwellers getting killed. I also read that some people trim their claws to keep them from being able to catch their fish but that just seemed to cruel to me.

I used have one of these and they will try to eat smaller fish that they can wrap their claws around and they will chop plant and eat them

I've had one for a while now with no problems at all. It even took a little cave and built up rocks around the entrance like a fort lol they're pretty cool. I have mine in my tank with 4 other fish.

ive got one,she has killed 4 fish,since i got her at the end of january. if your tank is more high than long,or at least fairly tall,and your fish dont sleep on the bottom,you can try.just be prepared to return it.your shrimp may be killed,but its unlikely.if you use stuff with copper,forget it,but since you ghost shrimp are alive,your probably fine.crays eat live plants.

My blue cray fish doesn't hurt any fish either. They really get a bad rap but if people would just give them the space they need they wouldn't have any problems.

ZestyMoFo said:
My blue cray fish doesn't hurt any fish either. They really get a bad rap but if people would just give them the space they need they wouldn't have any problems.

I think it depends on each individuals disposition, some will actively hunt for fish, while others are passive. But I think if you keep there bellies full, they won't want to go after other fish as much, IMO

Back
Top Bottom