Blue Crawfish Tank Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

will_quinnn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had an electric blue crawfish for about 4 months now, he has molted twice and is very active. I am working on getting him a brand new tank, switching him from a 5 to a 10 and I am just now reading up on, ph, ammonia, nitrates, and chlorine. I always fill his tank with gallon spring water from the store and he also has a filter. I have never measured for ph, ammonia, nitrates, or chlorine and he is doing great.

Is this uncommon? With some of the reading I have seen, it looks like he should've been dead a long time ago.

What should I do differently in his 10-gallon tank to make sure he stays with me for as long as possible?

Any advice would be appreciated

I have had an electric blue crawfish for about 4 months now, he has molted twice and is very active. I am working on getting him a brand new tank, switching him from a 5 to a 10 and I am just now reading up on, ph, ammonia, nitrates, and chlorine. I always fill his tank with gallon spring water from the store and he also has a filter. I have never measured for ph, ammonia, nitrates, or chlorine and he is doing great.

Is this uncommon? With some of the reading I have seen, it looks like he should've been dead a long time ago.

What should I do differently in his 10-gallon tank to make sure he stays with me for as long as possible?

Any advice would be appreciated

I’m not sure if similar to Australian ones but I found them to be escape artists - probably already known. I like the filter idea. Always think it is better to have one than not.

Sounds like he’s doing well. I never knew to test for anything back then and they all did fine. Pet or pool stores may check water for free every so often - could be useful to keep an eye on ph. Sometimes that will drop if kh gets depleted.

Back
Top Bottom