Blue Crayfish Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaylorM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! First post. Ive had a blue crayfish for almost 3 years now. During her last moult she had issues getting her claw out. Her one claw is now deformed and she grew a brown spot on her tail. It looks like rust to me. Will attach photos. Went to feed her this morning and I spooked her, which never happens as she seen me coming because her claws were up and barred. Once I opened the lid she took off like I scarred her so she ended up on her back. She struggled and couldn't get up. Of course being the mom I am, got her back up. As I was typing this I heard a noise and looked up, she's on her side struggling to get up.

Is the brown spot, assuming its shell rot from what Ive been reading, attributing to her being able to stay afloat? She is older so I understand she's dying. Her moults are maybe once a year.

Water parameters are:
8.2ppm for PH
0ppm for nitrates
0ppm for nitrites
0ppm for ammonia

Im thinking/hoping its just age and to make her as comfy as I can. Any help/advice is appreciated!! :thanks:

Attachments

• 20210507_110208.jpg
    20210507_110208.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210507_103421.jpg
    20210507_103421.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 39
Hi
Looking at her second picture of her tail, could it possibly be her old molt that hasn't came off? I've not kept cray before just vampire shrimp so I'm not 100% sure. Autumnsky has kept them hopefully she'll be able to help.

Thanks

Autumnsky, Ill have to look for her. This is my 2nd crayfish. My first died after she escaped from the tank and we found her 4 days later in our spare bedroom that never gets used. Never thought of it being part of her old moult, though it does appear like a blister or has air in it. I dont know if it would be too late to do anything? :ermm::confused:

Back
Top Bottom