Blue or electric blue crayfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Kay. I know very very little about them and what the difference is... I was also wandering if maybe I could get one in my 10 gallon? Or what's the tank maximum? I have a 29 gal too..

Kay. I know very very little about them and what the difference is... I was also wandering if maybe I could get one in my 10 gallon? Or what's the tank maximum? I have a 29 gal too..

Maddy, are you stocking fish in your tank as well?
They tend to get a hold of fish. They are neat to look at but I found out first hand with it snagging a Bala shark or two in my 50 and cutting it up...

Needless to say they were regular crayfish, but they are all the same I'd think.

Should be fine. I'd make sure there are a lot of hiding places. I had 3 in my 50 at first and they kind of fight and kill each other off.
I bought 3 a few months ago when I re-did my 10 and one killed the other 2.

SO, not sure how cheap blue or electric blue crayfish are but they could kill each other.

Should have no problems then. It's a lot easier with no fish. I didn't worry about cycling my 10 really because it's just shrimp, crayfish and snails.

I know where I buy my fish normal crayfish are cheap cheap.

Pretty sure the blue/electric blue were a more than I thought, unless there were lobsters, can't remember.

All the ones I looked up online now were over $10. So if you are only getting 1 I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

Do you shop at the chain stores? I've never seen any at PetSmart or Petco. I usually stay away from those unless there are $1 fish sales.

Back
Top Bottom