Blue pink and orange arowana?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigkamp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yet it’s blue on the upper scales with orange at the gills as well and pink around the fins... anyone know anything about this??? I’m stoked it’s so beautiful I hope the colors stay or get brighter would be even better any info in diets or any things color specific would be great

Attachments

• FCBEB3BF-2091-45A1-B2FC-DD8FC6ACA017.jpg
    FCBEB3BF-2091-45A1-B2FC-DD8FC6ACA017.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 87
Perfect water quality, live foods or frozen defrosted foods. You might try color enhancing Bug Bites. Since they are made from fly larva.

Since it is a baby, you will want to provide small frequent feedings to help with wellness and growth. In nature they are eating little live foods /bugs, insects, all day long.

Doing regular water changes, plus pwc's for the sake of changing water and refreshing the tank is, as I understand it ideal to keep the tank in top shape for raising the baby.

Your fish is very beautiful. Also I think I read subdued lighting is preferred. And tannins in the water, leaf litter.

And they jump to eat foods so be careful to cover every open space, even smaller than you would guess they could fit through. Plastic film around the back with duct tape Is what I used when I had little critters which could escape.

What are you feeding it now?

Thanks! Right now I’m giving it shrimp and blood worms freeze dried both and once I’ve given a frozen cube blood worms only had it about a week so far.

And of course you are pre-planning the eventual size of 2-3 feet long.

A thought would be to let the freeze dried foods soak for a short time in some tank water. So it doesn't cause any issues in the digestive tract, sucking up a big dry cube of worms.

As well as defrost a few minutes too if ever to use frozen. I know I hate getting a brain freeze, ;) !

Arowana have always been a beautiful fish to watch in a tank. I hope the raising of the fish goes well.

Do you have previous experience in keeping fish?

The article in my signature talks about a bunch of important things to know.

One of the most important is about the nitrification cycle. Having a happy growing beneficial bacteria is the critical issue in keeping a stable tank and your fish alive.

Also make sure to get a liquid test kit (if you do not already have one) so you can keep track of the water parameters. Especially when a tank is new, and when there is a baby /very young fish requiring many feedings.

Having left over foods rotting on the bottom is a frequent concern. Do you have any bottom feeders to help with the clean up?

Back
Top Bottom