Blue Ram or German Blue Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has petco confused the 2? while visiting my cousins, i popped into petco to see if i could pick up any supplies. While MY local petco is actually fairly nice, this one was rather more of the general opinion we here at AA have. I noticed a sign saying "blue ram" when i inquired about its nature (is it a german blue ram or regular blue ram) he responded "uhhh... well i do know that you need to have really good water with these guys". the ram in question, however, did not look like a GBR. Same pattern and color, tho less bright and more dullish. Are the treatments the same? Id like to pick up 2 from my local petco but im just in need of clarification
Pics:
images

Blue ram and German blue ram are the same fish- Microgeophagus ramirezi. The fish in your photo there are Bolivian rams- Microgeophagus altispinosa. Although they will never display the flashy colors of ramirezi, they are very cool fish in their own right, and a lot easier to keep long term.

ugh by blue ram i meant bolivs real sorry. anyway thanks for clarifying that for me. Ill go pick some up later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom