Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
Alright so im starting a 120L or about 35-40 gal and i want to breed them. So what im going to do is get around 6 and let them grow up together. Now the tank im putting them into is a bowfront and a filter is built into it. So i was thinking of getting a canister filter for extra filtration as io know that rams are quite sensitive.
And once they have paired of i have a 90L OR 25Gal tank for them to breed in. Which i will use multiple sponge filters.
But my quesion is should i put the canister as well as the inbuilt filter and will i need another tank for the juvinelles once they are like 1 Month old?

Depends on how many gallons the Built in filter produces an hour. If any lower than 350-400 GPH, You could put another HOB filter and save some money, but That your decision

With all those Pairs of rams, You will need to have enough hiding spots so that each dwarf cichlid can claim a territory of its own. If not, fights will break out.

You will need a couple fry tanks with all those rams, they breed quite frequently and have 100-200 each each batch.

Back
Top Bottom