Bmarine's 125 gallon Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotcha, so i'll use those up then get polyfill. How does this sound for the 3 baskets:

Top Basket: 1 or 2 of those filter pads
Middle: Bag of crushed coral as a buffer
Bottom: Some Ceramic Rings

Sound good?

If you're using THR that will buff your water and there will be no need to use the crushed coral. Put the filter pads/polyfill before the ceramic rings so large pieces of detritus don't clog up the rings. Personally I'd do two trays of rings and the 3rd with polyfill.

If you're using THR that will buff your water and there will be no need to use the crushed coral. Put the filter pads/polyfill before the ceramic rings so large pieces of detritus don't clog up the rings. Personally I'd do two trays of rings and the 3rd with polyfill.

Mm gotcha, makes sense. So should the polyfill be in the first tray to stop debris from getting in the rings and bacteria?

Yep that's how I do it

Gotcha, well then its easier to replace too :p alright, now that i've got that figured out, on to other details! So for my other filter, i'm thinking the Emperor 400 filter, unless i find a good deal on an Aquaclear 110. Then i'm gonna find the 2 heaters. Checked out prices at the LFS today, but it was way more expensive than online, so i think i'll order some. And then i have to do something about lights, and have no idea on that. I might just get a cheap hood from somewhere and get some decent aquarium bulbs at the LFS, so i can get some good color. Sound good?

AC/Fluval 110 or C4 is what I'd go for if you're not adding a 2nd canister. Look into some double bright led fixtures if its just fish.

AC/Fluval 110 or C4 is what I'd go for if you're not adding a 2nd canister. Look into some double bright led fixtures if its just fish.

Ah okay! I could definitely do the C4, i just thought that the 400 was good cuz of the gph.

And i thought about the LEDs, its just that since i don't have a terrific job and i'm only a teen, that they were pretty expensive! Would you do 2 36" lights or just 1 48" light?

Just glass tops, but one is cracked. We might make a canopy for it though.

So should i go with the Eheim Jager heaters or Fluval? Cobalt Aquatics is just too much for me.

Well, the eheim jagger is more quality, but the fluvial is cheaper, I would get the eheim if money is not the issue, but if the issue is money, the fluvial will work, the fluvial is still very good though

Eheim aren't the same as they use to be I've had nothing but issues with the 150 watt I got awhile back. I've also heard others give accounts of the decline of the product. Fluval would be a pretty good middle of the road choice, I've also tried pen-plax cascade heaters with decent results.

Eheim aren't the same as they use to be I've had nothing but issues with the 150 watt I got awhile back. I've also heard others give accounts of the decline of the product. Fluval would be a pretty good middle of the road choice, I've also tried pen-plax cascade heaters with decent results.

Yeah, i'm just gettin the fluval ones. Now for media, should i get Fluval Biomax or pre-filter media?

I have to go buy egg crate yet, can i get it at just any hardware store?

Back
Top Bottom