BN plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i was going to get a couple of these today, and i looked at every LFS around here...not one of them had them, only common or rubber lip or a bunch of other kinds, but no BN...

so does anyone have a good online retailer for these lil guys?

TIA

It is strange that such a great fish seldom shows up at the lfs. Perhaps it's because they take so long to grow to maturity.

I got my first pair on aquabid.com and have raised at least 100 more from successive spawns. There are plenty offered for sale there.

I purchase all my fish from only one LFS and never saw them there untill one day.

I purchased 2 and have not seen them for sale again. Keep trying ...you never know.

Patience is something you need a lot of with this hobby.

I never see them in any lfs around here - I found a couple while in college and grabbed them asap - one was mislabelled in petsmart and the others in a local lfs. After that first batch at the lfs, I never saw them in again.

Haven't been able to find any up here either. My lfs said it was because they are too expensive compared to the common ones and so no one wants to pay for them. They told me that if I bought a common one they would trade it in for a smaller one when it got too big for my tank.... but I would rather just get one I could keep. Perhaps I will have to order online as well... hopefully most suppliers will ship to Canada.

im pretty sure liveaquaria will. check them out, they are actually running a sale right now on a bunch of types of plecos, including the bn's

I just checked and they don't- too bad b/c they ship to Alaska. But thanks :)

They're not terribly common here in KS, but they're not uncommon either. I can usually find them in one the local stores about once a month. They go for about $10-12.

got my plecos today, and they are now gettin used to their new home, and cleaning up already lol, ill try and get some pics tonight. also got my rainbow shark and boesemani rainbow

Back
Top Bottom