Boesemani Rainbow Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will these fish eat fry? I am considering getting a school for my 55g that houses Peacock Gudgeons. Or is this a bad idea?

Good point. Its a 55g tank with about 20 juvie peacock gudgeons. I would kind of like to add some sort of rainbow fish. Any ideas?

I think they might also but then I read for the threadfins to breed they need a species only tank. Have you ever kept any threadfins?

How big are the fry? I like Threadfin Rainbows which would use the upper levels of the tank. You can also check into Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish. Due to these two and their size you could actually do both.

I have Threadfin Rainbows in the 220g and they spawn quite frequently. They spawn in the fissidens fontanus moss and in the hanging roots of water hyacinth when I kept them in the tank.

The fry range from 3/4 in to smaller. The seller I got them from sent me the tiny 8 week old fry as a bonus. I would not be getting any rainbows right away just trying to make a plan for my tank. Its well planted but the swords are still small. I do have some guppy grass on the way. I will look up the dwarf neons. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom