Boesmani Rainbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadthedad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently stocked my 75g tank. I have 6 Boesmani Rainbows and 6 Praecox Rainbows as well as other fish. One of the Boesmani Rainbows seems to be keeping all of the other Rainbows to one side of the tank. It patrols the waters and if one or more start heading to the middle or opposite side he herds them back. I don't know if this is temporary as they have only been in there for 1 day but made me wonder if some rainbows are territorial or if the behavior could be attributed to something else.

Any thoughts?!?

Mine like to give chase and try to be territorial without causing any damage. Try rearranging the decor a bit, that may help.

I have two turquoise, and one nips the other one and chases it into corners, esp during feeding time. It is twice the size of the other one, but the smaller one is still just as colorful and healthy. I would say mine is territorial for sure, even with decor rearrangement. Or maybe they just have a dysfunctional relationship.

It sounds like yours is trying to establish himself as Lord and Master of all the other ones. As far as I can tell from the two I have, it seems like that's what they do. But I know there are others on here with much more experience with rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom