Boiled alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arshis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today my water heater from Aqua Gardens decided to boil my fish alive.
I usualy keep the 300 watt heater on 79deg but today while I was gone "new years day" my heater decided to break and turn the water into a staggering 93ish deg; I lost a cute lil newt, 2 out of 3 jade cory, my pink convict and my blue channel catfish, may they rest in peace :(

yes I emailed them lets see if they do anything about it

I have tropical fish anyone know if my south american fish will be only a few days without a water heater i keep the house around 70 usualy

I would say probably not a good idea. If you keep it at 70, the tank will generally be a few degrees cooler than the room. At least that's what I noticed when I cycled without fish and was waiting for my new heater to arrive in the mail. Might be better if you bumped the temp up to around 75, then the tank should stay above 70 I would think. Then get a heater ASAP.

The convicts would have liked it warmer than the low 70s...probably the best idea in a large tank is to have two smaller heaters so taht a failure of either one won't be as dangerous.

Sorry about your fish :(

Sorry to hear about your fish. That is so sad. I keep 2 heaters on my big tank, it's unlikely both will blow at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom