Boiling my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I have a new HT series heater 300watt that I had set at 78 F, it seems to be either making tank hotter than that or the tank is holding...IDK....but is there anything I could do to get it to lower quicker? or is that the one thing I cannot speed up for safe and health reasons? I have a 5 gallon that does not have a heater and the tank stays around 79-80...so I just unplugged the 40 is that the right thing to do? HELP

Turn it down and let the temp lower slowly. When you turn it down make sure its not kicking on till the temp drops down. But it may not if its holding at room temp

Hi I have a new HT series heater 300watt that I had set at 78 F, it seems to be either making tank hotter than that or the tank is holding...IDK....but is there anything I could do to get it to lower quicker? or is that the one thing I cannot speed up for safe and health reasons? I have a 5 gallon that does not have a heater and the tank stays around 79-80...so I just unplugged the 40 is that the right thing to do? HELP

How much hotter? My heaters keep the tanks about 78F but by evening time the temp is usually 80 because the lights have been on for several hours. Over the summer temps went up to 81-82 with a room temp of 78-80 during the hottest part of the summer. What temp do you want? What size tank are you talking about?

How much hotter? My heaters keep the tanks about 78F but by evening time the temp is usually 80 because the lights have been on for several hours. Over the summer temps went up to 81-82 with a room temp of 78-80 during the hottest part of the summer. What temp do you want? What size tank are you talking about?

I'd like between 76/77; however, to touch it seems to have cooled down now since I had unplugged the heater. I had the hang on tank/stick into subtrate (mine is pfs) thermometer so I am not sure if it is accurate as it could be so I switched my qt, since there is no subtrate in it, for the one that suctions to the wall and I am at 80 now....

I had 100 degree water this summer and did water changes for 5 hours taking out the hot water and filling with cold water. The temp bottomed out at 82 but shot back up the next day. No one was injured.

Recently I did several back to back water changes and lost a few fish is the chaos.

Hope that helps...

Back
Top Bottom