Bolivian Ram activity level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all, I was planning on getting 2 bolivian rams in my 30 gallon tank once it is cycled. I saw them for the first time at petsmart. They all just kind of stayed in one place and I found them to be boring. Has anyone else owned bolivian rams? Were they fun to watch? Or did they just stay in one place?

My two Bolivians roam up and down the front of the tank all the time and have the odd little fight occasionally.

OK! The filters at the petsmart I went to create a very strong current so they could have just found a place with not as much current and stayed there. Or, they are just sick. Good thing I'm not buying from there;)

Here is my experience. I have 2 bolivians in my 29. When I first got them they just sat around. Then I added a school of blackskirt tetras and BAM! They came alive. I did get mine from pets mart as well. Go buy them and add a school of active fish to bring the rams out of their shyness.

Back
Top Bottom