Bolivian ram breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all!! I have what appears to be a male Bolivian ram... Could I introduce a female into the tank?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Go on ahead there shouldn't be any real trouble. Check out zero's video in this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334554 his group is a mix and the video was shot 3 days pre spawn, they make blue rams look like devils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks gillie!! Another quick question. Would my male Bolivian bother another Bolivian I add? How do I make sure u purchase a female?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

They shouldn't really bother each other in fact they can be quite gregarious. If the fish aren't completely mature, then venting is the only sure way of sexing them.

They shouldn't really bother each other in fact they can be quite gregarious. If the fish aren't completely mature, then venting is the only sure way of sexing them.

My male I believe Is fully mature. The ones at the store are around an inch smaller though

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Could a German blue ram be comparable with a Bolivian?
Tanks a 40 gallon

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

As far as what?

I meant compatible*** (sorry gillie). Like if I were to add a German blue ram to my tank, would my Bolivian bully it??

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I meant compatible*** (sorry gillie). Like if I were to add a German blue ram to my tank, would my Bolivian bully it??

Rockyofhockey _/.\_
Different temp requirements.
GBR like it over 80(way).
Otherwise many have kept the two in a large enough tank.

Different temp requirements.
GBR like it over 80(way).
Otherwise many have kept the two in a large enough tank.

Yes 80s for blues and mid to upper 70s for bolivians. You wouldn't want to keep 2 different species with the same taste in territory and spawning sites in the same tank anyway.

Yes 80s for blues and mid to upper 70s for bolivians. You wouldn't want to keep 2 different species with the same taste in territory and spawning sites in the same tank anyway.

Ok thanks. What should I look for when finding a female Bolivian? 2 black spots? Short fins?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom