boogie-man in the left side of my tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been noticing that most of my fish in my 55 gallon tank stick only to the right hand side of the tank. The only reason I can think of is that my filter is on the left hand side, but it really doesn't create a harsh current. Also, when I first introduce fish, they always hide in the tall amazons plants on the left hand side, but then a day later they are cruising the right hand side of the tank. The left hand side has plenty of hiding spots with my new drift wood, some smaller broadleafed plants, and the huge amazon sword plants so what's going on? I was hopeing to eventually have a breeding pair of german blue rams, but if everyone is on the same side of the tank, I don't think they'd be too happy.

Obviously something is drawing everyone to that spot. Is there such a thing in aquaria as a "sweet" spot? I noticed the same thing in my tank from time to time. It's a really small spot behind a very large rock formation. Everyone will congregate there for some time and then venture out. Hmmm...

Same problem

I have the same issue, however it seems to happen when the lights are on. When they go off they all come out of hiding, but I read these fish don't like bright light anyway.

Have you tried staying hidden and watching them? As soon as I approach my 50 gal, all the fish rush to the right side. This is the side I feed them on. Maybe try feeding on the left side of your tank?

Trying to think like a fish gives me a headache.

As long they're healthy don't worry about where they are hanging out. Next week, they all might like the right side of the tank better. :lol: :lol: I've seen this with many of my fish too. I had one fish that laid claim to a particular sponge filter. Took him weeks to abondon it.

LOL JT
Do fish fart??? Just a thought
My tank sits where I have to walk by it a thousand time a day. Every time I do the fish go to the side where they saw me last. Maybe something is atracting them to that side. Is there a light source to that side or activity on that side of the tank. :band:

Well, I do feed them on that side, so that is a possibility that they are just scavenging for their crumbs.

Although the driftwood is new, I noticed this behavior before I put the driftwood in. Infact, I put the driftwood in there because I was hopeing a fish or two would claim parts of it as their territory.

When I sit and watch them, I'll notice a cory go over to the left side every once in a while... I've heard cories fart on occasion :wink:

Back
Top Bottom