Book Review : Catfishes by Lee Finley

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Catfishes: The Complete Guid to the Successful Care and Breeding of more than 100 Catfish Species

ISBN:9780793816774

I just got this book from Amazon which was $2 cheaper than the list price of $10.95

The author assumes one knows how to set up a tank and about how to properly maintain a tank. This book covers the basics of caring for and feeding catfish in general in the first few chapters. There is a chapter on breeding which is not that thorough but just a general overview. I do have to compliment the author on the bios of individual species of catfish. Max sizes were gives as well as feeding preferences. The book is interlaced with personal experiences of the author. I especially liked the section on safety and what to do if you get cut by the catfish fins.

I bought this book because of my fascination with corys but it has opened my eyes to various other cats that may be appropriate for my home aquarium. Especially helpful are the warnings about which species to avoid whether for their nervous aggression of extreme size.

Overall this was a pleasant and quick read and I recommend it as a good short reference for those interested in catfish.

(y)

Reactions: HN1
Catfishes: The Complete Guid to the Successful Care and Breeding of more than 100 Catfish Species

ISBN:9780793816774

I just got this book from Amazon which was $2 cheaper than the list price of $10.95

The author assumes one knows how to set up a tank and about how to properly maintain a tank. This book covers the basics of caring for and feeding catfish in general in the first few chapters. There is a chapter on breeding which is not that thorough but just a general overview. I do have to compliment the author on the bios of individual species of catfish. Max sizes were gives as well as feeding preferences. The book is interlaced with personal experiences of the author. I especially liked the section on safety and what to do if you get cut by the catfish fins.

I bought this book because of my fascination with corys but it has opened my eyes to various other cats that may be appropriate for my home aquarium. Especially helpful are the warnings about which species to avoid whether for their nervous aggression of extreme size.

Overall this was a pleasant and quick read and I recommend it as a good short reference for those interested in catfish.

(y)

When I get extra money (if I ever do, my extra money goes to my tank lol!) I may have to get this! I have a Raphael catfish and have read that if bitten or cut it can be very painful. I'm hoping I never have to find out personally!

My library sells the books they purge. WHen I had saltwater tanks I got a few expensive salty books that way for cheap. You should check it out.

Back
Top Bottom