Bosemani Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi~

I have 5 juvenile Bosemani Rainbow fish. They're about 1.5 inches each - maybe just a little bigger. So they're pretty young. Can someone please tell me that they settle down a little when they get older? Or are they always crazy? They don't seem aggresive at all, but they're just crazy. You know that term 'feeding frenzy'? Yeah - I'm pretty sure this is where this term came from: From Bosemani Rainbow fish!

When I feed they just go nuts darting and jumping all over the tank - I worry that my other fish aren't getting enough. (1 Pearl Gourami, 1 Angel fish, 6 penguin fish).

I usually fed to one side to draw them over there, then feed the other side to give the others a fighting chance to get some food.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Janelle

I recently got some too, they don't seem "crazy" but they move fast. Maybe I don't think it's weird because I have danios, those things are craxy

I don't think it's out of the norm really. Are they new to the tank?
I had a similar feeding issue with my neons and rasboras. When I added my other fish I was pretty worried about them getting food as no one really would venture up into the surface to try and get food with the way they went. They would wait in the lower level for food to get sucked down with current.

If you are really worried you can start to feed sinking pellets to the others. I know my issues sort of solved it's self. Even my timid dwarf gourami comes up now into the frenzy to feed. Just took him a while to get used to the speed demons

Back
Top Bottom