Bottom cleaners for sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigroscr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I spent all day getting my new tank set up with a new substrate white pool sand. It's a 75 g. I will have a tiger Oscar in there with, 2 angel fish, 1 gourami, 1 silver dollar and 1 common pleco. Can anyone tell me who already uses sand for a substrate what would work good on bottom to help aerate the sand and help to keep it clean? What do you think about yo yo loaches. I have them in my 40 gallon with gravel and they seem to do a fairly good job. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me :)

In that tank I don't think you have room for any more fish, so I would say Malaysian Trumpet Snails. They shuffle through sand quite well and have little bioload to them.

Sorry! I forgot to say when I get my 55 g set back up in a week I will be moving over the 2 angels,

I'm going to be setting up my 55 g with the sand substrate as well but I worked on the 75 g all day and am pretty exhausted! Lol, guess I'm getting old.

Is it for the 55 gallon or the 75 gallon? In the 55 with just the angels, try khuli loaches, they're very cool IMO. Not sure if you could add anymore fish into the 75, common plecos and oscars have HUGE bioloads.

It will be for both but I haven't converted over the 55 g yet it still has gravel that's next week's project, lol

My recommendations are for the tank that will have angelfish. I don't recommend anything for a tank with an oscar, they're too unpredictable.

Regular dojo or golden dojos

Zebra botias (loach)

khulis

yoyos

clown loach

corys

ghost shrimp

DragonFish71 said:
My recommendations are for the tank that will have angelfish. I don't recommend anything for a tank with an oscar, they're too unpredictable.

Regular dojo or golden dojos

Zebra botias (loach)

khulis

yoyos

clown loach

corys

ghost shrimp

Don't clown loaches get fairly large? I will be adding a Severum from my 40 gallon to the 55 (right now he's just a baby about 2 inches) with the Angels. I don't want anything that gets 2 large besides Severum and Angels.

Back
Top Bottom