Bottom dweller for dwarf gourami tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium-mania

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please suggest to me some bottom dwelling fish for my future dwarf gourami tank . It will be 90L with a sand substrate , fairly heavily planted , with driftwood, floating plants and a pair of dwarf gouramis . Please no loaches or snails as *whisper* they kind of scare me.I'd prefer them to be from Asia to go with my tank please !

I was looking for something Asian , I think Brushynose/Bristlenose is S.American ? Thanks for your help so far!

Dwarf crayfish or shrimp would be interesting bottom dwellers and will help clean up any leftovers :) I don't believe the crayfish are Asian, but I'm pretty sure there are shrimp that are.

Siamese algae eaters are another option, but I think they might be borderline too large for your tank... I'm not as familiar with them to say.

Dwarf crayfish or shrimp would be interesting bottom dwellers and will help clean up any leftovers :) I don't believe the crayfish are Asian, but I'm pretty sure there are shrimp that are.

Siamese algae eaters are another option, but I think they might be borderline too large for your tank... I'm not as familiar with them to say.

Thank you ! I think I might go with a bamboo/asian fan shrimp , they're pretty cute .Thank you for your suggestions and help ^^

From recent experience, if you get more than one Dwarf Gourami, get one male and 2 females minimum. I had a pair assuming it would be fine and he chased her to death. She tried so hard to hide from him and it was heartbreaking to watch. I am a fan of clown plecos though

From recent experience, if you get more than one Dwarf Gourami, get one male and 2 females minimum. I had a pair assuming it would be fine and he chased her to death. She tried so hard to hide from him and it was heartbreaking to watch. I am a fan of clown plecos though

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry for your loss :(
I'll definetly get 2 females and 1 male then , I want my fish to be healthy.Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom