Bottom dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon tank that I've been working on for a while. It's cycled and filtered and kept at 78*f. I currently have:
1 blue gourami
2 mollies
5 harlequin Rasboras
1 albino bn pleco

I want something to help make the bottom look less bare. I've thought about cories but at the only place around me who caries them they're $10 a fish and I can't do that. I'd order them but shipping on most sites is $30+!! I'm leaning towards maybe Amano shrimp. Any ideas of a fun peaceful fish that stays in the bottom and would be good with my tank mates?? Thanks!

Corys are $10 at my LFS as well. They must be difficult to breed.

Dwarf Ottos may be a nice option, though they tend to be where the algae is. Glowlight Tetras may work for you, and look especially nice against a dark substrate.

I know they're not specifically a "bottom dweller" but it's their region of the tank. You could do say a pair of rams. If you really wanted too and are consistent with water changes and are experienced with keeping fish.

My favorite are amano shrimp. You could get dwarf cory catfish, which only get in inch long. At my LFS they're only like 4 dollars.

That seems pretty high for one of the common cory breeds. Do you have another LFS you can check out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No, I only have one reputable lfs. My other options are petsmart and petco which have very cheap cories but there's always one or two dead in the tank and I decide against it every time.

many of the bottom dwellers are nocturnal and hide all day
do you know how big a blue gourami can get , big enough to eat every other fish you have in that tank
your very limited in what fish you can get because of the size of your tank
there are a few small cat fish but do your home work
see if there is a lsf in a near by town
i have prices a bristle mouth pleco for $4.50 ,$7.00 and $9.00 for the same size fish in 3 different lfs

I don't know if it's just my fish but I have a group of neon tetras that love the bottom of the tank. Guppies and my rainbows go everywhere and my neons hang with the cories

Back
Top Bottom