Bottom Dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sirBubbly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have never kept bottom dwelling fish before,and i've been considering some pygmy cory cats, and i think i can handle it, but im a little nervous :? about the feeding part. Dont they need sinking pellets and stuff? im just afraid that they wont find it or something.... so is it hard to feed and maintain them?

I have never had a problem feeding them. You can hope that they get flakes, or you can purchase sinking algae wafers, pellets, and so on.

Corys are great bottem feeders and they search constantly for food so I doubt you will have trouble feeding them. My albino corys like sinking pellets and algae wafers along with whatever else they can scavange off the bottem. They're little piggies actually 8)

But not feeding them properly can be a good reason for death. Even if you want, put your regualr flake foods in front of the filter outake, so that the water pushes it down and makes the flakes sink. This way the cories will get something for sure.

Back
Top Bottom