Bottom feeder tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielparra1911

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tank with a pleco and a albino Cory. I am looking at adding a albino rainbow shark, a freshwater flounder ( true freshwater, not brackish), and maybe some more corys/other small catfish (like twig catfish or banjo catfish). Any flaws in this plan? Thanks everyone.

-Daniel

You will get meaningful responses if you post the size of the tank.
Is the pleco a common or other variety?
Until you get an answer, you could go to AqAdvisor and plug in the size of the tank, filter, and potential inhabitants and see what numbers and recommendations it generates.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You will get meaningful responses if you post the size of the tank.
Is the pleco a common or other variety?
Until you get an answer, you could go to AqAdvisor and plug in the size of the tank, filter, and potential inhabitants and see what numbers and recommendations it generates.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry all of that must have slipped my mind. Generally I put that all when I post...The tank is a 15 gallon. The pleco is a common (he will be moved when he is too big) and I have a zoo med turtle filter.

-Daniel

The albino rainbow shark is going to get too large for that 15 gallon. I DO think it is a good idea to get more of the corydoras. They will be much happier with some buddies.. I don't have much info about the freshwater flounder, but I don't think a true freshwater species exists... I would do some more research.

The albino rainbow shark is going to get too large for that 15 gallon. I DO think it is a good idea to get more of the corydoras. They will be much happier with some buddies.. I don't have much info about the freshwater flounder, but I don't think a true freshwater species exists... I would do some more research.

Will different Cory species socialize together or do I need to get more albino corys?

- Daniel

It's best to do a group of same species IMHO. They do recognize each other. I would rehome the Pleco now, before he starts stunting. Plus it's easier to find homes when they are small. He'll need about 125g or bigger.

No rainbow shark.

Otos would fit a 15g if you add some live plants.

You could add a second group of tiny Cories like C pygmaeus. They are super cute and will sit up on leaves.

These were my C habrosus
e9f51102b278a565d9914eb9744da29e.jpg

Make sure you're not throwing away your filter pad every month rinse it in used water to preserve the bacteria. Consider picking up an Aquaclear rated for 30g for better filtration.

Pic of the tank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom